Fundamental Features of Heart Attacks:
- Six out of seven heart attacks do not happen at the site of the blockage.
- A blockage discovered after a heart attack might be the result of a heart attack, not the cause.
- An angioplasty (balloon) and stent procedure is no better than medications, and it can be very dangerous.
- The angiogram is not the most accurate test for heart disease.
- The blocked arteries seen in an angiogram might have been there for many years and might not be the cause of a heart attack.
- The heart makes its own natural bypass through angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels from preexisting blood vessels. So it does not matter how many blocked arteries an angiogram shows, the heart muscle function tests are the most important indicators of heart health.