Walking offers ton of benefits to people of all ages and helps in body fitness. It helps in prevention of lifestyle diseases and prolonging the life of the patient.
The best time to walk for 30 minutes daily is early morning empty stomach before breakfast especially for heart patients. Walking should be minimum for 30 minutes 5 days a week. In terms of steps 7000-8000 steps per day.
Health benefits of walking.
- Walking helps in reducing the cholesterol and triglycerides. High triglycerides and cholesterol level causes blockages in the heart and causes coronary artery disease.
- Walking helps in controlling the sugar level of the body
- Walking also helps in burning the calories of the body. Burning calories helps you in losing the weight or maintaining the weight.
- Walking reduces the stress level in the body
- Walking helps in maintaining the joint mobility and flexibility of the joints.
- Walking helps in strengthening the heart. Daily walking for 30 minutes 5 days a week helps in reducing the risk of coronary artery disease.
- Walking boosts your immune system and energy level of the body.
- Walking also affects the mental health. It helps in mood elevation of some patients. Studies show it can reduce stress, anxiety, depression and negative mood. It can also boost self esteem and reduce symptoms of social withdrawal.